Student Connections Advisory Board
With valuable input from advisory board members, Student Connections will develop and enhance solutions with a student-centric user experience that provides supplemental education and resources — presented to students when they are making key decisions —in an engaging and interactive format.
Benefits of participation
- A unique opportunity to network and share best practices with other advisory board members.
- A description of your advisory board experience to use in your resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Five seat nominations for our student advisory board.
- A Student Connections approved press release that is co-branded with the name of your institution, for you to release at-will within one year of receipt.
- An opportunity to shape meaningful solutions that will help your students succeed.Advanced knowledge of future plans and the potential to influence the development of features that best meet the needs of your institution and your students.
Responsibilities of advisory board members
- Serving as a forum for the discussion of issues, problems and concerns faced by schools and students in the areas of default prevention and money-management education.
- Identifying student challenges and helping to concept new products to positively enhance the student post-secondary experience and increase retention rates.
- Providing strategic insight and feedback to Student Connections in the exploration of new or enhanced functionality and solutions to better position tools and services for the purpose of furthering our mission and vision.
- Advocating on behalf of all represented school sectors by voicing their wants and needs as they relate to these tools and solutions.
Advisory board structure
The advisory board will have the following structure and characteristics:
- The group will be comprised of multiple school participants. Term limits could range from six months to two years and will be based around the needs of Student Connections as well as the advisory board members’ commitment abilities.
- Advisory board participants will receive advance notice regarding their participation via their assigned Account Executives.
- Virtual or in-person meetings will consist of success stories shared by participants, discussions on trends or issues, guest speakers (if time allows) and a review of proposed enhancements.
- When appropriate, industry-expert guest speakers will be invited to attend virtual or in-person meetings to prompt group discussion of a particular issue or trend.